Thursday, September 16, 2010

Urgent: Jax area: Need a home for this dog or he's going to Animal Control!

He is a male, pitt/lab mix, about 7 months old
Hi friends,
 
I found this dog on the side of the road last week.  Could not find the owner, I do not think anyone wanted him as no one called the lost and found looking for him or called me from the dozens or fliers I put up.  He is so gentle and just wants to be loved! (I know everyone says that about dogs, but this dog really does!!) He is a male, pitt/lab mix, about 7 months old, probably about 30 lbs or so. He has a small frame, he probably won't get over 40 lbs or so.  He is so friendly.  He is housebroken and does well on a leash.  A friend is keeping him right now but can not keep him after tomorrow.  If I don't find someone to adopt him or foster him at least by tomorrow, animal control is picking him up, they told me if he is not adopted in 14 days he will be euthanized. I am looking for someone to adopt him but at least if someone could foster him until we find someone who can adopt him permantly. I can not foster him as my dogs do not get along with other dogs.

At the very least all I am asking you to do is forward this email to your contact list.  I really don't want him to have to go to animal control.
 
Thank you!
 
 
Michelle Knowles
Community Representative
First Coast Beaches Unit
American Cancer Society

1430-B Prudential Dr.
Jacksonville, FL 32207
904-391-3645 Office
904-270-0976 Fax

No comments:

Post a Comment