Wednesday, September 15, 2010

TERMINALLY ILL - CAN NO LONGER RUN HER RESCUE

My name is Todd Stephens. My mom ran a non-profit shelter in South Fulton County , Fairburn , GA. She has recently become terminally ill and is bed bound, doctors have given her a couple of months [this prognosis was made 2 months ago].  She, my dad (age 73) and my sister  can no longer take care of these animals properly. There are many animals that need to be placed dogs, cats, a miniature goat, ducks and others.  
 
Right now, I need to get the dogs placed ASAP. They are the largest in number as they are currently at 51 total. The dogs are mixed breeds and possibly a few pure breeds. They range in age from a  year old to 10 years or so. I am here in GA for the next few days but I must return to FL. I did want to get this out and try to see what I can do.
 
I know there are a lot of shelters that are full but even if each one of you can take one or two that would be a tremendous help . I wish I had pictures but if I can get some positive feed back I will go around taking pictures. If I can get most if not all of these dogs placed then we will have no choice but to turn them over to animal control where they would more than likely be put down. My mom would hate that as she   devoted her life to saving animals. I have taken a couple but due to where I live I am not allowed to take anymore.
 
The shelter is called Amberwood Sanctuary and if you click on the name, you should be able to see the list of dogs that are still in need of placement.
 
Please e mail my sister at Love4animals35@yahoo.com   
Thank you all for your consideration.
Please forward this to anyone if you know something that can help, individuals, Humane Societies, or shelters.
.      
Thanks,
Todd Stephens

2 comments:

  1. Update... I wrote to Todd's sister to find out if any animals are left. Here is her response:

    Sorry, I will updating the pics on petfinder...

    Here's the latest update...
    We're down to these 18 dogs, plus a few that we will keep! We do have a deadline to beat! September 17th.
    PLEASE CROSSPOST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update... new pics of available animals are posted. Please go check it out and see if you can help!

    ReplyDelete